Delicious meatloaf has a home in several countries and it is considered to be a traditional German, Dutch, and Belgian treat. Meatloaf can be best described as ground meat, shaped as a loaf. It can be prepared by baking or smoking. For individuals who want to serve this mouthwatering delicacy, look at the following meatloaf recipe which ranks among the best. This article provides step-by-step instructions for cooking the dish. It also contains some useful tips that you can use to enhance the flavor of your dish.
Ingredients Required For the Meatloaf Recipe
Let us first look at the ingredients required to make this meatloaf recipe.
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- one egg
- 1 large green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced finely)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 18 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
Instructions to Make Meatloaf Recipe
Let us now look at the steps involved in making this delicious recipe.
- First, take a small clean bowl. Mix18 ounces of canned tomato sauce, 1 cup of tomato ketchup, 3 tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar, 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons of milk and 1/2 a cup of beef stock. Keep it aside.
- Next, take a large clean bowl and combine together 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef, 1 cup of freshly prepared bread crumbs, 1 finely chopped large onion, 1 chopped green bell pepper, 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley, 4 cloves of finely minced garlic, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/8 tsp pepper and 1/4 tsp salt. To this mixture, add 3/4 of the prepared tomato mixture. Add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Take a bread loaf tin and brush it with oil. Place the bread loaf mixture in the tin and shape it like a loaf. Pour the remaining tomato mixture over the meatloaf. Ensure that it is well coated with the mixture.
- Bake the meatloaf in an oven with the temperature set to 375°F. Bake for about an hour and 15 minutes. Moisten the meat at intervals using either ketchup or your choice of a barbecue sauce.
Remove from the oven and serve hot, delectable meatloaf!
- Some of the ingredients in the dish are optional and can be substituted. For instance, rolled oats can substitute breadcrumbs.
- You could also substitute ingredients such as ketchup, tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce with a tasty barbecue sauce.
- Finally, to make the best meatloaf recipe, apart from garnishing the dish with grated cheese, you can add another classic touch by garnishing it with stripped bacon, sliced red and green bell peppers as well as chopped mushrooms.
Use the above mentioned recipe and tips to create meatloaf with interesting variations.