The first day of the fourth month of the year is an open season for jokes, hoaxes and fun. Here are some of the best April Fools’ Day pranks and tricks you can play on your friends, family or co-workers.
The “No Trick” Trick
This is probably one of the simplest ones. All you need to do is that a few days before April 1, you should give your intended victim a hint or two that you will be pulling a prank, but in reality you are not going to do anything. Play this trick on your co-worker and watch him or her go over their seats, look over their shoulder and look suspiciously at their food!
Some of the best April Fools’ Day pranks are all about food.
- Get some cartons and cut it to look like a cake slice. Add some icing, and leave it on the kitchen table or desk (if you are in the office). Watch as your colleagues try to grab a bite.
- An even simpler, but no less humorous joke is to get the milk carton and sprinkle some food coloring (suggestion: put red in so it will look like blood). Place it back in the fridge, and when one of the family members pours some in, watch their reaction at seeing “blood” in the milk.
- You can also joke with other foodstuffs too. If your friends love apples, stick some gummy worms here and there.
- You can do the tried and tested salt and sugar switch trick. Simply put some salt in the coffee or sugar in the fish.
Pranks with Pets and Plants
This is also considered as one of the best April Fools’ Day pranks, not to mention one of the funniest.
- Get a walkie-talkie. Now, hide somewhere (in the closet, or in the next room). When your brother / sister / spouse comes in and caress the dog, say something like, “Hey, watch it, you are ruining my fur!”
- This trick does not just work with dogs or cats. You can also try this out with plants. Hide in the garden, and when the gardener or one of the family members goes there and starts watering the plants, say something like, “Do you mind? I’m trying to get a tan and you’re getting in the way!”
The pet and plant jokes also work with dolls or action figures.
- Again, you should find a place to hide and when your sibling starts playing with her dolls or dressing them up, you could say, “Watch the hair!” This is even better if it is a talking doll.
- For one of the best April Fools’ Day pranks, say something scary, especially in the evening. The results will be hilarious.
Here are some more jokes for you to play on friends, colleagues and family.
- When you are in the office, remove the ball from the mouse, or put a post-it under the mouse, and watch your colleagues try to drag the mouse.
- There is of course, the old whoopee cushion, quite old but still effective.
- Another classic is the old sidewalk coin trick. Actually the coins can be placed anywhere. Just glue them to the surface and see your friends struggle as they try to get them.
- Stuffing a balloon in the exhaust pipe is another cool trick.
The best April Fools’ Day pranks are those that are planned ahead of time, and with these guides, you can devise your plot early on. Just be careful though, because someone might be planning a joke on you too!