Baked macaroni and cheese is a tasty, mouthwatering and scrumptious dish people can serve at special gatherings, as well as at simple family occasions. One of the most popular variations of this dish that everyone can easily cook is Four Cheese Macaroni. To be able to cook the dish appropriately, it is best to look at its recipe because it provides detailed instructions on how to make the most pleasant tasting macaroni cheese dish. Additionally, it instructs cooks about the ingredients that they use to enhance the flavor and aroma of this treat.
Ingredients Needed to Make Four Cheese Macaroni
The main ingredients in Four Cheese Macaroni are:
- 16 ounce elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
To enhance the taste of the dish, we will also use:
- 9 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cubed processed cheese food
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Instructions to Make Four Cheese Macaroni
Follow the given simple instructions to make this delectable recipe.
- Boil two liters of salted water in a pot. Put 16 ounces of elbow macaroni in the pot and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the elbow macaroni and put in a strainer. Make sure to drain excess water from the pasta. Return the pasta to the pot.
- Put eight tablespoons of butter in a saucepan. Heat the saucepan. Transfer the pasta to the saucepan. Stir and let the pasta stand for not more than three minutes. Get a bowl and mix 1/2 cup each of Cheddar cheese, Muenster cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and sharp Cheddar cheese.
- Make sure that the oven is preheated to 175 degrees Celsius. Add 1/2 a cup of the cheese mixture, 8 ounces of cubed processed cheese food and 2 beaten eggs to the pasta. Mix and add 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Transfer the macaroni to a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle macaroni with a tablespoon of butter and the remaining cheese mixture. Put the dish inside the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Serve delicious macaroni immediately.
Tips and Warnings
Keep the following useful tips and warnings in mind while making Four Cheese Macaroni recipe.
- Considered as the best baked macaroni cheese recipe, Four Cheese Macaroni is best served with a toasted bread.
- It is important to use a baking dish that is large enough to hold the pasta.
- Take care not to overcook the pasta.
- To improve the aroma and flavor of the dish, add a pinch of cayenne pepper and a pinch of grated nutmeg.
- To make the dish more enticing and luscious, top the pasta with breadcrumbs before baking it.
- If the dish will not be served immediately, refrigerate it and heat in a microwave oven for 10 minutes on a medium setting before serving.