Known as one of the most delicious and popular American dishes that are served on burger buns, the sloppy Joe is a variation of a barbeque burger that uses shredded pork or shredded beef as the main ingredient. Some of the terms that people use to refer to this dish are slushburgers, wimpies and taverns. Two famous variants of sloppy Joe are loosemeat sandwich and Maid-Rites. To those who like to serve this delicious treat to their families and friends, they should try the following sloppy Joe recipes.
Very Easy Sloppy Joe
The first sloppy Joe we are going to make, as the name itself suggests, is extremely simple and easy to prepare.
Ingredients to Make Very Easy Sloppy Joe
The ingredients required to make this sloppy Joe are:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can condensed vegetable soup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 6 hamburger buns
Instructions to Make Very Easy Sloppy Joe
- Put a pan and set the stove on medium heat. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in the pan.
- Add 1 pound of ground beef and wait until the color of the meat turns golden brown.
- Pour 1 can of condensed vegetable soup and add 1 cup of ketchup to the mixture. Change the setting of the stove to low. Simmer the dish for five to ten minutes.
Serve immediately on burger buns.
Best Ever Sloppy Joes
The next recipe is as simple as the first one. We will simply call these the best ever sloppy Joes.
Ingredients to make the Best Ever Sloppy Joes
The following are the ingredients required to make the best ever sloppy Joes.
- 4lbs ground beef
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 700 ml ketchup
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 medium-sized onions
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Instructions to Make Best Ever Sloppy Joes
- Chop 4 medium-sized onions and 2 green bell peppers. Set the heat to medium heat.
- Heat the pan and pour in three tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add 4 pounds of ground beef to the pan. When the color of the beef turns golden brown, add the chopped green bell peppers and onions.
- Get a strainer and transfer the dish to the strainer. After draining the grease, return the dish to the pan.
- Next, add 4 tablespoons of sugar, 700 ml of ketchup and 1/2 teaspoon each of pepper and salt.
- Pour in 1 cup of cider vinegar and simmer for not more than an hour.
Crockpot Sloppy Joes
Our final recipe for sloppy Joes is going to be a slow cooked delicious recipe.
Ingredients Required to Make Crockpot Sloppy Joes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1cup ketchup
- 1/2 green bell pepper
To improve the flavor of the dish, also include:
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
Instructions to Make Crockpot Sloppy Joes
- Chop 1/2 a green bell pepper and 1 medium-sized onion.
- Place the pan on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add 2 pounds of ground beef, 2 cloves of minced garlic and 1 medium-sized chopped onion to the pan. Wait until the color of the meat becomes brown.
- Use a strainer to remove excess oil from the dish. Transfer the meat to a slow cooker.
- Now add, 1 cup ketchup, 1/2 a green bell pepper chopped, 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, 3 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tbsp mustard, 2 tbsp cider vinegar and 1/2 tsp chili powder. Stir the dish and cover the slow cooker. Set the cooker to low and wait for seven hours.
Remove the dish and serve on burger buns.
As you can see, making mouthwatering sloppy Joes does not require enormous planning or effort. You can make them with relative ease and serve them any time, to delight your family and friends.